Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The "Moving Office Blues"...

So, I am the first person to confess that I am indeed a creature of habit. I like driving places certain ways, I like doing things in certain orders, I buy the same products, ect. I am particular about what I do and what I use.

Last week Jack and I decided that a trade of offices (within our main office) was the best option. Jack is currently going to school full time and is only in the office for about 1 day out of the week. And since I have a overly controlling office monster two offices down from me, I decided that I needed to move to the back of the office. Jack's office was right next to my dad's, in the back of the main office. Far far away from Satan and definitely not in an ear shot. (one of the biggest pet peeve's of mine is eavesdropping on a conversation I am having and then correcting me while I'm in the middle of a conversation with a borrower... this happened all the time by the office Nazi) After talking it over with Jack and my dad, we decided that it was the best for me to be next to my dad so I could get trained on some new things by him.

On Thursday of last week, the moving of the offices began. I proceeded the packing up of Jack's office (he was in school) and the transfer of his items into my office. And then once his office was cleaned out I packed up my stuff (which is a TON of crap) and transfered it over to the new office. I have realized that moving in general is horrible... whether it be a across town move of a residence or a across office move, they both equally suck.

Once in the new office I have realized a couple of things... One: My previous office was much bigger. Two: The back half of our office is much warmer than the front area where my old office was. And Three: It is nice and peaceful back here.

Though I am loving the new office with all local amenities (windows, across the hall from the break room, and within close proximity to my dad). But being a creature of habit... I have found myself being pulled as if by a gravitational phenominon to the old office. I will run to the restroom and upon entrance to our reception area, I will head straight for the other office. In the mornings when I get into work, the first destination still tries to be the old office. I guess after 7-8 years of being in the other office, it will take a while to adjust.

I am happy in my cramped little office, and I am enjoying the opportunity to watch people fix their hair and makeup in my window (our office is a mirrored building).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update your blog, I'm excited to hear more.

Anonymous said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!

Anonymous said...

Almost a year, still no updates?! What's going on?

Anonymous said...

It's been a year now.